Founded in November of 2014, Endeavor is a PATH International Premier Accredited Center, American Hippotherapy Association Member Facility and a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation located at 1 Succabone Road, Bedford, NY 10506. Endeavor offers recreation or competition based therapeutic riding lessons for individuals of all levels, hippotherapy, and ground programming to individuals with special needs, at-risk youth, residential facilities, veterans and active service members. We believe that our horses educate, empathize with and empower our participants, their family, and our larger community. We welcome all siblings of active participants to enroll in our programs.
Endeavor Therapeutic Horsemanship, Inc. was founded in 2014 by a group of dedicated, highly trained therapeutic riding professionals to provide high quality, innovative, equine-assisted activities for children and adults with special needs and their families from throughout the New York metro area, and continuing education and professional training programs for instructors from throughout the country and the world.
Sited on an expansive, 50-acre farm in equine-oriented Bedford, New York, the organization provides a breadth of highly customized direct service programs that support the development of physical, cognitive, emotional and social skills of participants with a wide range of diagnoses, disabilities and challenging histories including: trauma, addiction, autism spectrum disorders, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, cancer, stroke, cerebral palsy, global development delay, down syndrome, epilepsy, abuse, sexual trafficking, sexual exploitation, Lyme disease, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and PTSD, among others.
The organization is guided by a philosophy of inclusion that is reflected in the way in which horses are incorporated into treatment interventions as valuable partners, and able-bodied siblings are encouraged to participate in all activities side-by-side with their participating brothers and sisters. Participants at Endeavor are not limited by perceptions or boundaries and are encouraged and supported to set and meet stretch goals that are often far beyond even their own expectations.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Advancement Director, Kelly Slonaker, won the prestigious PATH Intl. "International Credentialed Professional of the Year" award, as well as the "Region 2 Credentialed Professional of the Year" award, which includes Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Scandinavia, Europe and the Middle East
- Program Manager, Laura Stringer, received the PATH Intl. "Region 2 Credentialed Professional of the Year" award
- Endeavor became a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center
- Endeavor received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Department of Veterans Affairs Hudson Valley VAMC Montrose Facility
- Executive Director, Emily Wygod Bushnell, won the prestigious PATH Intl. "Region 2 Credentialed Professional of the Year" award
- Volunteer and board member, Caroline Black, won the PATH Intl. "International Volunteer of the Year" award, as well as "Region 2 Volunteer of the Year"
- Equine partner, Lilly, received the PATH Intl. "Region 2 Equine of the Year" award
- Veterinarian, Dr. Rosemary Ganser, won the PATH Intl. "Region 2 Veterinarian of the Year" award